• Ace Sports Maxxam 1502r front suspension

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #12266  by Gunsanddaisys
 Sat May 12, 2018 9:10 pm
I've been a lurker at this forum for a out 2 years now. There's been so much info I've amassed from forums like these, but now I've found a new issue I haven't seen before.
I've decided that my carter talon clone was in dire need of new suspension since my right front shock was a cheap replacement that has now locked up stiff with a toasted seal. I was really interested in changing to higher quality shocks over the standard emulsion tubes that everyone is so accustomed to. My interest quickly went to the Chinese RFY resivoir shocks that are everywhere on ebay and Alibaba. I ordered a set of four: 2 340mm and 2 375mm. As soon as they arrived, I got to rebuilding them and they turned out fantastic!
Today was a different story... the front left shock came off first and I noticed that even with the arms at full droop, the shock was compressed. Now I'm trying to fit in a shock that's 20mm longer. Didn't quite work that well. It seemed like the ball joints were bottoming out and not allowing any more travel. Is there any fix here to cram these shocks in, or am I going to have to order a set of 320mm shocks and rebuild them?