• Starter relay on 150cc 2r engine

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #11490  by Dale
 Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:32 am
Engine starts and runs if you bypass relay. Presently the two small wires from the relay have 12 volts all the time. Is the relay bad or are the small wires wired up incorrectly or both.
Thanks
Dale
 #11522  by myvt365
 Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:01 am
The relay should have 12v from one wire but then get switched 12v from the ignition sounds like you have a failed relay open it shouldn't stay constant like that if it was the starter would be constantly on.
 #11543  by Dale
 Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:31 pm
There are two small wires from the starter relay. One goes to the the ignition and the other wire is connected to a 12v wire that stays hot all the time. Is this correct?
Thanks and I plan to go ahead and order a starter relay.
 #11552  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:16 am
It's normal to see 12v on both sides of the solenoid. The solenoid internal circuitry is very low resistance, so if you pick either leg and reference it to ground, you'll get the same voltage reading.

I'd still replace the solenoid first or at least grab one to keep as a spare. If you have the Ace Maxxam 2R, I believe they use a non-standard 2-pin connector. Upload a pic of your solenoid connector if you'd like me to confirm.

GY6 Starter Solenoid Relay
https://www.buggydepot.com/product/142/ ... relay.html

Other causes would be the switch, or wiring in between.