• Odes Blade 170

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #11017  by 1971HEFF
 Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:27 pm
I am looking to see if I can replace the engine in this UTV. It is a 2014 Odes Blade 170. It has markings under the fender for Shandong Liangzi model LZ150-8. I can't find any markings on the engine.

I would like to replace with your 175cc but it tells me to ask for the correct reverse shaft (it has F-N-R in the cab), which I would pay to have you guys install the correct one.

Here are a few pics. The side pics are from the passenger side, the engine is mounted front to back. I haven't found a replacement with connections under the head like the pic below
file-1.jpeg
odes-170-blade-promo.png
file-2.jpeg
Attachments
file-1 (2).jpeg
odes-170-blade-promo.png
 #11022  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:14 pm
Your 170cc appears to have the "Type 6" mounting pattern. Our 175cc will fit your model with the Type 6 compatibility kit, but we'd need you to work with us on dimensions of the bolt-on rear engine mount. At a glance, it looks like I'll just need one measurement from you.

The connections under the cylinder are the oil cooler connections. I very strongly recommend against the use of oil coolers on the GY6. Our engines don't come with the connections (intentionally). I've just seen too many cases of a bolt backing out and dumping all of the oil while riding, severely damaging the engine internals. There is a note with more details about this in the engine listing.

Are you interested in working with us on the measurements needed to make your rear mount? If so, the 175cc install will be no problem and no fabrication for you.
 #11028  by 1971HEFF
 Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:11 pm
Absolutely! You guys are willing to work with me and make sure that I get the right thing.

Just let me know what you need from a dimension standpoint and I will get whatever you need.

How about the reverse? Any fabrication needed on my end?

Thanks,

Jay
 #11033  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:09 pm
Great, the design of the mount should be straight forward. Can you measure the distance between the center of the two tubes I've put red dots on in this picture:

A picture with a tape measure held in place (measuring the distance) would be best, so I can confirm the measurements visually.

Attachments
file.jpg
 #11034  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:14 pm
1971HEFF wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:11 pm
How about the reverse? Any fabrication needed on my end?
The new reverse assembly is included in the kit and will slide onto the transmission shaft that (also) comes with the kit. If you get the 175cc engine, we install the shaft for you at no extra charge.
 #11037  by 1971HEFF
 Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:24 pm
Absolutely, I will get it tomorrow and post pics. I am looking forward to getting this thing going for my daughter.

Can you tell me which items are the most purchased with the$150 credit that is advertised with the 175? I know you had told me the carb, but what other items do you suggest? Do you have brake parts for this Odes?
 #11040  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:14 am
Customers usually want more performance parts with their $150, but if the machine has been sitting for a while I recommend to replace the basics. There is always a second wave of minor parts that fail within a week or so when you get one of these running after a while.

Any combination of these:

- Carburetor (Japanese version)
- CDI (You may have the DC version of the CDI. If you'll upload a few pictures of the CDI, I'll be able to ID it.)
- Ignition Coil
- Ignition Switch
- Choke and resistor
- Rectifier