• Wiring for Helix 150cc

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #11038  by boewalls
 Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:44 am
Hi guys,

Im new too the forum and new to the buggy world. I recently bought my son a older Helix 150cc w/reverse. The wiring was horrible. I bought a Yerf Dog wiring harness to replace the old one. Couple questions though:

1. Is the Yerf Dog a push button start? I don't see a place to hook up the key start.
2. Does anyone know the wiring colors for the chassis harness? Not sure of the connections.
3. In the pic of the engine harness, it shows a choke resistor connection. I don't see that on my buggy. What would I do with that?
4. My old harness had a grounding wire. The new harness doesn't seem to have one. Whats the solution there?

Thanks in advance for any help. This is a xmas gift for my son so I need to get working on this soon.

Boe Walls
 #11039  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:00 am
Hey Boe, in order to give the most accurate advice on where to connect things, can you upload a few pictures showing the current status of your harness install?

Yes, it's push-button. You can convert it to work with a keyswitch, or you can exchange for the Crossfire 150R chassis harness which already has provisions for the standard keyswitch.

The standard grounding wire that the Yerf Dog uses is a 4" jumper with ring terminals on both sides. One side goes to a CVT cover bolt, and the other goes to your rectifier mounting bolt.
 #11069  by boewalls
 Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:10 pm
Hey Travis,

Thanks for the help. Ive replaced nearly all the electrical. I have a new stator but haven't replaced it due to can find a puller small enough for the magneto. Do you see anything out of place. Big question is the chassis harness. Where does the push start go? Where does the kill switch go? Whats the other wires for? Does this buggy harness have a brake interlock? If so, can i bypass it?

Again, Thanks!

Boe Walls
IMG_E0019.JPG
IMG_E0018.JPG
IMG_E0017.JPG
 #11078  by myvt365
 Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:08 am
yes the yerf is a push start and the kill switch is a spark kill switch can you get it turn over ? what id do is hook up a push button switch and see if the engine will turn over with the plug out touch it against the fame to see if your getting spark the wiring does look right to me.