• restoring old buggy

• Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Have a technical problem? Ask here.

READ THE SECTION RULES BEFORE POSTING FOR HELP
Forum rules: Help us to help you, by reading our information in this Forum thoroughly and performing the tests within to pinpoint your issue.
 #10980  by 428lily
 Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:34 am
HI, I have an old Hammerhead buggy that was living unused outside for a couple of years. I guess its a 150cc model from similar pictures on your site. Can anyone advise me the best way to test all the electrical components in order to assess the cost of getting it back up and running. The engine turns over ok but thats all I have done so far. I would appreciate any suggestions as to the best place to start the process thanks very much.
 #10996  by tkeagle
 Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:12 am
Start with basics. You have spark on spark plug? You have good fuel going to engine?
Got good air going in?
Check connections. Make sure got good ground to electric system.
You'll need to do some basic trouble shooting, so have better idea what's going on.
Fire,, pull spark plug, with rubber handed pliers, ground threaded part of plug to frame. While on plug wire, turn it over. See if have spark.
Fuel. Check fuel lines. Make sure have clean filter. If need to, hook up clear fuel line, make sure fuel getting to carb.
Can go as far as while turning over, shoot some starter fluid in air intake of carb. If it coughs, then could have fuel issue. Or weak spark. Or both.
Clean air filter. Pull in and out on choke. See makes difference.
If been sitting that long. Good chance need to pull carb, and clean inside and out. Use good clean gas. See if tank is clean.
 #11009  by Travis @ Buggy Depot
 Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:43 am
Go ahead and upload a few pictures of your vehicle, and the components under the electrical cover.

If the vehicle has been sitting long enough to need restoration, you should look at getting one of our Survival Kits which contain all of the major electrical components bundled at a discount.

Tune-up Kits and Common Fixes
https://www.buggydepot.com/category/62/ ... fixes.html